Weather and Climate Tracking Metrics
Heating Degree Days & Cooling Degree Days
These resources show monthly or annual Heating Degree days and Cooling Degree Days by State.
- EIA Degree Day Data
- EIA Heating Degree Days by Census Region (1949-2019)
- EIA Cooling Degree Days by Census Region (1949-2018)
- EIA US Regional HDD and CDD Short Term Energy Outlook (2015-2020)
- Climate Prediction Center Degree Day Statistics Includes daily, weekly, and monthly degree day data at the state level and at city level (Atlantic City and Newark in NJ).
- NJ State Climatologist Monthly Total Heating Degree Days
- NJ State Climatologist Monthly Total Cooling Degree Days
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
- Provides links provide quick access to many of NCEI’s climate and weather datasets, products, and various web pages and resources.
- Monthly Climate Tables (NJ State Climatologist)
This NJ State Climatologist website shows monthly temperature and precipitation data for New Jersey back to 1895.
- NOAA Monthly Climate Data
This NOAA data set provides National, Regional, State, and Divisional climate data on a monthly basis back to 1895 (when available). Data available includes Temperature, precipitation, heating degree days, cooling degree days, and various drought indices. Data output is available in text format and graphical format.
Severe Weather Events
- National Climatic Data Center Storm Events Database
This website has details on severe weather events including heavy winds, floods, and winter storms from October 2006 to Present. There is also a full Access database available on this website with severe weather event information back to 1950.
- National Weather Service Philadelphia/Mount Holly Weather Events Archive
This website from the NWS shows the dates and detailed written descriptions of significant weather events that have affected the area back to 1999.